Friday, March 5, 2010

Accepted.


Okay soooo I never really kept this thing quite updated, but...

I would like to share the news that today I was accepted for my second Disney College Program at the Walt Disney World Resort!

I got my PURPLE FOLDER in the mail...then I accepted my role today as an Attractions Cast Member (!!!), paid my programming fee, and picked my program dates for Fall 2010! I will be back in Orlando from August 30, 2010 through January 7, 2011. I get to spend New Years in Orlando and at the happiest place on Earth!

I am SO excited. I am going to *hopefully* get back to blogging and I would love to answer all and ANY questions anyone may have.

At the moment, I am waiting to hear back about a Professional Internship (PI) with Disney. I went through one phone interview for three of the alumni-only positions I had applied for, and also applied online for two non-alumni positions. It will be a long waiting process, but it will be worth it if I get one of the positions I want. I applied to the CP (college program) as a back up because if I do not make it into Disney for a PI, this will at least give me one more chance to be back down in Orlando doing something I love after I complete an internship needed to graduate over the summer, and hopefully a chance to network and reapply for the PI afterward.

I applied for a few PI positions, but the one that I want the most is with CP and ICP (international CP) housing events. I have worked with events and with housing at my university for almost four and three years, respectively. I would love to have the opportunity to take the skills I have learned and enhance them in a setting of a place I love and believe I would thrive in. I really want to be able to work with college aged students and make their experience with the CP or ICP just as amazing as mine was. All prayers, fingers-crossed, wishes, faith, trust & pixie dust will be accepted!

YAY FALL 2010 CPs!


No comments:

Post a Comment