Monday, September 28, 2009

Introduction!


Hello everyone! My name is Corinne and as you can probably tell, I was once a participant in the Walt Disney World College Program. My amazing friend Crissa created a blog about her experiences, and although mine may be entirely similar, I really wanted to create one as well. I know when I was going through the process of deciding whether I wanted to do the CP or not, I went crazy looking for pictures and blogs and just any overall information I could find so I could learn anything and everything about the program.

I actually applied for the CP (College Program) three times. The first time I was accepted in a QSFB role, which is short for Quick Service Food & Beverage. I turned it down because I was informed that our school highly recommended you have at least 60 hours under your belt before doing the program and I was just too afraid to leave. The second time I applied, I was offered a merchandise role. I turned that down as well, because I did not want to leave my life behind! Finally I applied again and realized that this was something I obviously wanted to do, otherwise I would not have applied so many times. I also realized that if I turned it down again, I may never get another chance.

I have really only been to Disney World a few times in my life aside from the times during my CP, but every time I felt the magic. I never realized what a completely different world it was until I actually lived it. I went through the application process again and was accepted for a merchandise role in the Fall of 2008 for the Spring 2009 session of the CP. This time, I accepted my offer. I did my program and had the most amazing experience of my life, thus far, although I feel like nothing will ever compare. I am currently working as a Campus Representative for the College Program to keep a little bit of the magic in my life.

This blog is meant to be a forum, a place for you to comment on your thoughts, ask any questions you may have, and more. Please feel free to ask anything on your mind and I will definitely answer it to the best of my ability! I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment